Mum to three boys – nine, six, and three years old. Raising our family in London. Finding our feet after an accidentally early start to family life in our mid-twenties.
ABOUT THE BLOG AND CHLOE
Welcome to Sorry About The Mess
Started in 2011 by me, Chloe Bridge – an unexpectedly pregnant twenty-something Londoner now turned mum of three – Sorry About The Mess is a blog for those seeking meaningful conversation around the subjects of parenting, travel, and finding yourself again after motherhood.
If you are a first time visitor to Sorry About The Mess, here are some great places to start:
- To read more about my unexpected start to parenting and where it has lead us to now, read Our Story.
- Meet the family! The Sorry About The Mess family consists of Chloe and Sam and our three boys. Click here to find out more about each individual family member.
- Or if you would like to work with us, check out my media kit and take a look at our recent brand collaborations.
About Sorry About The Mess
Sorry About The Mess is a UK family and parenting blog based in London. The blog name generally refers to my state of mind and our cobbled together plans in the early years of unplanned parenthood. But given that we have three young children, it also refers to the state of our house at any given moment!
Sorry About The Mess is where I share my many ongoing journeys. I write about the travels I enjoy with my family, I share the ups and downs of my parenting experiences, and you’ll occasionally find a post or two about whatever I’m currently watching on TV – my one true love ; ) These are my themes; travel, family and motherhood, and ramblings about life in general.
You can expect to find lots of different posts like….
- Our recent wedding – Yep, we got married after three kids, I’ve blogged all about it here, and you can also watch our wedding video (tissues at the ready – everyone tells me it makes them cry)
- Becoming parents in our mid-twenties – The shifting dynamics of having children WAY before any of our friends, and the tough times of existing on a tiny budget in London.
- Love reading about travel? Whether it’s California, St Lucia, UK breaks, or Disney World – I love to create travel content that is visually inspiring, whilst also giving all the useful details about logistics and budgets that prospective travellers are searching for online.
- Being an ‘all-boy’ family – Why you should NEVER ask me if I’m going to ‘try for a girl’, and breaking the taboo of gender disappointment.
- Our home – we recently underwent an entire house renovation and kitchen extension – it was a lot of work, but we are so grateful to have been able to make a rather dated house more ‘us’. You can find all posts about our house and interiors here.
- Life and Motherhood – I like to write what’s on my mind, it’s great (cheap!) therapy ; ) See When One of You Wants More Children and The Other Doesn’t and Why We Shouldn’t Romanticise Motherhood for an insight into my rants.
- My experiences earning money as a blogger / content creator – Why transparency and honesty with my audience is key to me. And why ‘mummy blogging’ shouldn’t be looked down on.
- Mental health – My vlogs on coping with emetophobia as a parent, and getting help to be less anxious about it are viewed and commented on over and over again. You can also read my blog post on my experience of living with trichotillomania.
- Occasionally I branch out into beauty and fashion – My tutorial on how to use The Ordinary skincare remains one of my top performing blog posts. Watch my outfit and try-on videos, or for an insight into what I’ve been buying recently, check out my ‘Style’ stories on Instagram.