It came as some surprise when the warm weather abruptly ended and I realised Arlo had most definitely outgrown all of his trousers during a summer spent in shorts and very little clothing in general. I usually stockpile clothes for the next season as and when I see them in sales, but I hadn’t been as on-the-ball with that this year – cue having to shell out for a whole autumn / winter wardrobe in one go. Ouch.
Luckily for me, shopping for him (and now Rory, too) is far preferable to shopping for myself. In fact, as someone who doesn’t really like clothe shopping, it’s more than mildly exciting.
Here are my favourite picks from Arlo’s A/W style – All of these I’ve either bought myself already or am saving to get for his birthday in a couple of weeks:
1. Thief and Bandit Leggings from Lil Beans £25.00
2. Bobble hat from Mothercare £5 (Buy a size up, the 3-6yrs won’t fit over Arlo’s head but fits 3 month old Rory perfectly?!)
3. Grey skinny jeans from Mothercare £12
4. Pepperbox Wood / Moonlight Blue jumper from Tootsa MacGinty £40.00
5. Yellow wellies from Mothercare £10
6. Gordon SuedeToddler boots from Livie and Luca £39.50
7. Darwin Sherpa Lined Jacket from Tootsa MacGinty £38.00
Mothercare is not somewhere I usually think to check, but it’s really coming up trumps for us this A/W. I think maybe I’m just not a big fan of their baby clothes, but the toddler stuff is alright. And the Tootsa jacket is exactly what I was looking for last year but couldn’t find.
All that’s left to choose is a winter coat. Every year, I have the same struggle to find something durable, waterproof, and warm enough to withstand a British winter whilst also being bright (not boring blues/greys/beiges) and not in a style designed to make a three year old look like a twelve year old. If you’ve seen anything that fits this description for under £60, please let me know!